2 cups - Rice flour
3 cups - Sugar
1 tbsp - Lemon juice
1/2 tsp - Orange food colour
1 tsp - Cardamom powder
½ tsp - Saffron
Ghee as needed
Cooking Instructions :
- Mix flour with enough water to make a sticky pouring consistency batter.
- Beat well and leave covered for 24 hours.
- Boil 3 cups of water add sugar and simmer till the syrup is thick.
- Remove the scum on top of the syrup with a wire sieve or spoon and add lemon juice, crushed saffron, orange water and colour and cardamom powder.
- Heat ghee in a pan and when hot, lower the flame.
- Beat the overnight batter and pour it through a piping bag or a similar device into the hot ghee in a circular motion, making four or five circles for each jalebi.
- Fry on both sides till just crisp and remove, draining out all ghee.
- Soak in the syrup and remove after five minutes. Serve Hot.