4 Cups - Whole Milk
1/4 cup - Sugar
1/4 cup - Rice
3/4 cup - Water
1/2 cup - Condensed Milk
2 tbsp - Golden Raisins (Kishmish)
Small Piece of Nutmeg, powdered
15 nos - Almonds, blanced and silvered
4 nos - Green Cardamoms, powdered
1/2 tsp - Saffron, soaked in little warm milk
Cooking Instructions :
- Soak rice in water for an hour and cook the rice in the same water until the rice is fully cooked and water has dried up.
- To the cooked rice add milk, when the milk starts boiling, simmer and leave the kheer to cook till the milk starts thickening, stirring occassionally.
- Mash the rice a little, add sugar and condensed milk.
- Add raisins, almonds and saffron. Boil the mixture one more time. Remove from flame, add cardamom powder and nutmeg powder.Keep aside.
- Allow to cool and then referigerate. Serve well chilled.