6 nos - Potatoes, boiled, peeled and cubed
3 nos - Green chillies, finely chopped
1/2 tsp - Dry ginger powder
1 tsp - Mango powder (amchur)
1 tsp - Red chilli powder
1 tsp - Turmeric powder
2 tsp - Sugar
1 tsp - Cumin seeds
1/4 tsp - Asafoetida (Hing)
1 cup - Corriander leaves, chopped
4 tbsp - Oil/3 Tbsp - Ghee (Clarified Butter)
Salt to taste
Cooking Instructions :
- Heat oil/ ghee in a heavy pan or wok and add asafoetida and cumin seeds.
- When they splutter, add turmeric, ginger, mango powder, sugar, chilli and salt.
- Add potatoes and mix to coat the potaoes with the spices.
- Heat till potatoes brown but turn freqently.
- Sprinkle cilantro or coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with Indian pooris and raita.