2 cups - Yellow gram (moong) dal
2 cups - Sugar
1 cup - Khoya or unsweetened condensed milk
1 cup - Ghee (Clarified Butter)
1 tsp - Cardamom powder
½ cup - Mixed almond and pistachio slices
1 n0 - Silver leaf
Cooking Instructions :
- Soak the dal in water for 12 hours, drain and grind to a coarse paste.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add dal paste and saute on a low flame till the mixture is light brown and aromatic.
- Add khoya or milk and cook for a while.
- Add sugar and saute till it is mostly but not fully absorbed by the dal mixture.
- Add cardamom powder, mix and garnish with nuts and silver leaf